I’m not good with words but lets get it started with a quote.
Maya Angelou once said,
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
And I’m amongst those people who’ll never forget how people made me feel. A choice that was made which was to enter the Medtech Club was not even a second of regrets in my life. A choice which lead me to meet with the Three Stooges and a Princess. A choice which enable me to challenge myself to be above limit.
"If the sky is your limit, make sure you grab for the stars."
Words cant seem to be enough to describe them. They inspired others, not just with theirs words, but with them being their self. I can’t be you, but if I were given choice to choose who I would like to be, I would choose you guys. For you guys are surely an idol who inspired others.
It is a great opportunity to meet these great people. With their existance, I put myself a milestone to be reached. If he or she is a great designer with the creative mind of Picasso, I’ll try to be the next Leonardo. If he or she is a great cinematographer with the vision of Miyagawa, I’ll try to be a reincarnation Fischer. If he or she is a great photographer with the spectrum of Brassai, I’ll put an insight of Ansel within me.
In Tolstoy’s “Family Happiness” he asked,
"Nature, books, music, and love for one’s neighbour. What more can the heart of a man desire?"
What more can the heart of a man desire? I would like to say to love and to be loved. I’m glad I’ve fulfilled my desire when I met you guys, the Three Stooges and a Princess. Not even a moment of hesitation was there when you guys poured out your knowledge to me, to us, your juniors. With love and with care, you treat us. Merely a stranger without any bond, yet as a family you accepted us.
I love you guys.
How I wish we could spend more time.
M.N 0001 250514
How beautiful is meeting someone by coincidence.
“1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.”"Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness (via egyptianprincess)